5 Best Instant Hot Water Dispensers of 2023 – Reviews & Top Picks
Pop quiz: What’s one of the biggest wastes of energy and natural resources in your kitchen?
If you guessed the hot water coming from your kitchen sink, you’d be correct. Between the time and energy necessary to heat the water to an optimal temperature for cooking or cleaning projects, and the water that’s wasted while you’re waiting for it to heat, your standard kitchen faucet can be a huge drain on your water bill.
Even if this waste of water isn’t your biggest concern, the time and unpredictability of getting hot water from your faucet can be a real inconvenience. Since installing an instant hot water dispenser in our home, we’ve never been happier to replace our inefficient water heating systems.
In the following reviews, we’ll be sharing the results of our comprehensive testing and comparisons made in search of the perfect instant hot water dispenser. We hope that by the end of this guide, you’ll be as convinced as we are of the value of these uncommon kitchen tools.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites in 2023
|Best Overall||InSinkErator HOT150 Instant Hot Water Dispenser||
|Best Value||Anaheim AH-1300 Instant Hot Water Dispenser||
|Premium Choice||Ready Hot RH-300 Instant Hot Water Dispenser||
|InSinkErator F-H3300C Instant Hot Water Dispenser||
|Waste King H711-U-SN Quick & Hot Water Dispenser||
The 5 Best Instant Hot Water Dispensers
1. InSinkErator HOT150 Instant Hot Water Dispenser – Best Overall
Starting with their best-in-class garbage disposals, InSinkErator has slowly made their company an indispensable part of home and commercial kitchens everywhere. By prioritizing high-quality materials, innovative designs, and attentive customer service, they’ve easily become one of our favorite companies.
Along with this excellent reputation, the HOT150 Instant Hot Water Dispenser from InSinkErator does not disappoint. A 750-watt heating element provides enough power to heat water quickly but does not make it dangerous, while a 2/3-gallon stainless steel tank safely holds copious amounts of water. Adjustable from 160 to 210 degrees F, it’s one of the most immediately valuable and customizable instant hot water dispensers available on the market today.
Better yet, the HOT150 is designed for DIY installation and comes with everything you need to set it up in your own home. Tool-free tank connections and dry-start protection give plenty of leeway for home improvement enthusiasts to mettle to their hearts’ content.
Overall, while the InSinkErator commands a premium price, the spot-on design and performance and the 1-year warranty make it a safe investment. We recommend it very highly, indeed.
- Adjustable thermostat controls
- 750-watt power source
- Stainless steel core and satin nickel finish
- Designed for at-home installation
- Exclusive 1-year in-home full-service limited warranty
- Dry-start protection
- On the expensive side
2. Anaheim AH-1300 Instant Hot Water Dispenser– Best Value
The Anaheim AH-1300 Instant Hot Water Dispenser is poised and ready to give the InSinkErator a run for its money, thanks to an incredibly powerful 1,300-watt heating system and remarkably inexpensive pricing. If you can look past the somewhat challenging installation, the Anaheim may be the best instant hot water dispenser for the money.
A 5/8-gallon stainless steel tank gives the AH-1300 plenty of dispensing capacity and is backed up by the beefy 1300-watt heating system for exceptionally quick heating. Dialing in a precise temperature can be difficult because of the analog knob, but once you get it set, it retains a constant temperature well.
The only downside for this well-priced unit? You’ll need to supply your own faucet hardware during installation, and this requires a fair amount of plumbing know-how. If you’re willing to put in a few hours to save money, it will be a worthwhile investment of your time.
- Excellent 1300-watt heating system
- Generous 5/8-gallon stainless steel water tank
- Very reasonably priced
- Durable all-metal construction
- Requires purchasing a separate faucet attachment
- Significant setup and installation time
3. Ready Hot RH-300 Instant Hot Water Dispenser – Premium Choice
For the most precise temperature control available in an instant hot water dispenser, you’ll have to turn to the latest innovation in the field: digital controls. They’re featured front and center in the Ready Hot RH-300 Instant Hot Water Dispenser, and the simple digital temperature display lets you choose temperatures in a range from 122 to 208 degrees F.
You can choose from a brushed nickel or chrome faucet to complement your kitchen’s existing décor, and installing the RH-300 is surprisingly easy. The quick connectors eliminate the possibility of kinked lines during installation, making this the most straightforward setup of any hot water dispenser we tested.
Add in a 2.5-quart water capacity and an impressive 1300-watt heating system, and the Ready Hot easily justifies its higher price tag. If you have a few extra dollars in your budget, we highly recommend upgrading to the RH-300.
- Powerful 1300-watt heating system
- Easy installation with customizable options
- Precise digital temperature control
- Built-in self-resetting thermal fuse
- Highly energy efficient
4. InSinkErator F-H3300C Instant Hot Water Dispenser
The little brother to our top choice model from InSinkErator, the F-H3300C Instant Hot Water Dispenser System, offers the same easy installation and setup as the HOT150 but in a smaller and more affordable package. While it may not feature the same degree of precision in temperature choice or quite as durable an outer shell, it’s still an excellent option for anyone considering an InSinkErator product for their kitchen.
A 750-watt heating system quickly warms the 2/3-gallon stainless steel tank of the F-H3300C, allowing for approximate temperatures from 160 to 210 degrees F. It’s just as easy to install as the larger HOT150 and has all the tools and hardware necessary for in-home installation.
Round all of that out with InSinkErator’s 1-year in-home full-service limited warranty, and the F-H3300C becomes a very attractive and affordable option for an instant hot water dispenser in your home. We recommend that anyone enamored of our top pick consider this as a more budget-friendly addition to their home.
- Temperature range from 160 to 210 degrees F
- 750-watt heating system
- Easy at-home installation
- 1-year in-home full-service limited warranty
- Lacks precise temperature control
- Plastic outer housing is not durable
5. Waste King H711-U-SN Quick & Hot Water Dispenser
Waste King, InSinkErator’s most direct competitor in the garbage disposal market, is attempting to compete in the Instant Hot Water Dispenser arena with the H711-U-SN Quick & Hot Water Dispenser. Powered by a 1300-watt heating system, it certainly lives up to its name, but can it beat the InSinkErator on quality and installation measures?
In our opinion, that answer is a flat “no.” While one look at the Waste King’s specs shows that it has a lot of hot water dispensing power, the installation process is so long and convoluted that we wished for the simple design of our top choices.
Perhaps for someone with a fair amount of plumbing and installation experience, the Quick & Hot would be a slam dunk, but for us mere home improvement mortals, it proved too challenging to be worth the time and money. Get this one if you’re willing to put in a few extra hours for installation, but pass on it if you’re not entirely confident in your home installation skills.
- Extra-powerful 1300-watt heating system
- Durable metal housing is made to last
- Produces up to 100 cups of hot water per hour
- Quite difficult to install properly
- Requires regular maintenance to keep it in great working order
- Directions for installation lack clarity and ease
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Instant Hot Water Dispenser
You’ll rarely find any home, apartment, or workplace with an instant hot water dispenser installed. Even in restaurants, where a ready source of hot water would surely lead to increased efficiency and satisfaction, they’re a relative rarity.
To remedy this uninformed view, follow along as we explain the simple mechanics behind an instant hot water dispenser, as well as the qualities we look for in judging which hot water dispensers are best and which don’t quite pass muster.
How Does an Instant Hot Water Dispenser Work?
Instant hot water dispensers conveniently use the plumbing and water flow in your kitchen sink and divert a small portion of water to an interior tank. Protected by an outer shell, the interior tank is warmed by an electric heating element, maintaining a consistent temperature while saving energy.
When ready to use the hot water, simply toggle the faucet’s handle to dispense perfectly heated water! While you can choose a model that includes a hot and cold faucet, we recommend against this; they’re often more expensive and don’t offer anything special compared to the combination of your standard sink faucet and hot water dispenser faucet.
What to Look for In an Instant Hot Water Dispenser
Given the variability of designs and models of hot water dispensers on the market today, it can be hard to pin down precisely what makes a great dispenser and which ones to avoid.
- Durable Construction is vital for the housing of the heating reservoir and faucet attachment. Metal housings are strongly preferred, while plastic equipment is prone to cracking damage over time from being heated and cooled.
- Tank Size determines how much hot water you can dispense at one time before needing to allow the reservoir to refill and reheat. A half a gallon is the minimum size we recommend, with those heaters closer to 1 gallon receiving our strongest endorsement.
- Power of the heating element decides how quickly the water in your dispenser will reach your desired temperature, as well as how accurately you can set your desired temperature. 600 watts is enough to provide good performance, though anything from 700 to 1000 watts of power is better.
- Setup and Installation can involve simple steps or complex ones. We prefer installations that are straightforward and easy and have given preference in our reviews to those dispensers that have clear installation instructions.
How to Install an Instant Hot Water Dispenser
InSinkErator, the manufacturer of our top choice product for an instant hot water dispenser, has produced an exceptionally clear and helpful video with instructions for installing their instant hot water dispenser. You can use it as a starting point for any installation, though individual directions may vary slightly for models from other companies.
After testing, reviewing, and comparing as many instant hot water dispensers as we could get our hands on, we think that only the InSinkErator HOT150 Instant Hot Water Dispenser deserves our strongest recommendation. It’s compact, powerful, and easy to install and comes with an unbeatable 1-year warranty that gives us incredible peace of mind knowing that we’ve invested in a great product and a great company. If you’re unsure which hot water dispenser to get for your home, we highly recommend the HOT150.
If the HOT150 is somewhat out of your price range, but you have a little DIY know-how, consider the Anaheim AH-1300 Instant Hot Water Dispenser a useful alternative. It’s the only dispenser in our reviews not to come with a pre-selected faucet, but if you’re looking to match your current kitchen setup exactly, it becomes a bonus rather than a drawback. Get the Anaheim if you’re already a DIY-minded home improvement enthusiast and don’t mind spending a little extra time to make your kitchen perfectly match what you have in mind.
Featured Image Credit: Gerasia, Shutterstock
- 1 A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites in 2023
- 2 The 5 Best Instant Hot Water Dispensers
- 2.1 1. InSinkErator HOT150 Instant Hot Water Dispenser – Best Overall
- 2.2 2. Anaheim AH-1300 Instant Hot Water Dispenser– Best Value
- 2.3 3. Ready Hot RH-300 Instant Hot Water Dispenser – Premium Choice
- 2.4 4. InSinkErator F-H3300C Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- 2.5 5. Waste King H711-U-SN Quick & Hot Water Dispenser
- 3 Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Instant Hot Water Dispenser
- 4 Conclusion