How Much Does It Cost to Pressure Wash a House in 2024?
Pressure washing is a versatile tool that can breathe new life into everything from driveways and decks to porches and houses. If your residence is starting to look a bit lackluster, consider pressure washing as a cost-effective way to brighten it up. But how much does it cost to pressure wash a house this year? Read on to find out.
The Importance of Pressure Washing
Before we dive into the cost of pressure washing a house, it’s important to understand the benefits of this type of cleaning. Pressure washing can:
- Remove dirt, dust, pollen, and other debris that can accumulate on the exterior of a home
- Eliminate mildew, mold, and algae growth
- Get rid of any buildup from fertilizers or other chemicals
- Help prep a home for painting or staining
- Make a home look like new again
While you could tackle these cleaning tasks on your own with a garden hose, pressure washing is really the only way to get your home as clean as possible. And if you’re getting ready to sell your home, pressure washing can be a great way to increase its curb appeal and help it sell more quickly.
How Much Does Professional Pressure Washing Cost?
Now that you know the many benefits of pressure washing, you may be wondering how much it will cost to have this type of cleaning done on your home. The cost to pressure wash a house will depend on a few different factors, including:
- Size of Your Home: The larger your home, the more it will cost to pressure wash.
- Number of Stories: If your home has more than one story, it will likely cost more to pressure wash than a one-story home.
- Type of Siding: Pressure washing costs will vary depending on the type of siding your home has. For example, pressure washing brick is a bit different—and more expensive—than pressure washing vinyl siding
- Level of Dirt and Debris: If your home is extremely dirty or has a lot of buildup, it’s probably going to cost more to pressure wash than a home that is just in need of a general cleaning.
Generally speaking, the cost to pressure wash a house starts at around $100 and goes up to $650. These figures are based on the current going rate, which is between $0.10 and $0.50 a square foot.
Additional Costs to Anticipate
In addition to the base rate, there are a few other potential costs that you should be aware of when pressure washing your home.
- If you have a two-story home, you may be charged an additional fee to pressure wash the second story.
- Some companies charge a travel fee if you live outside of their service area.
- Many companies that offer pressure washing also offer additional services, such as gutter cleaning or window washing. If you request such services, you can expect to be charged an additional fee.
For example, the average cost of gutter cleaning is $0.80 a linear foot. However, prices can range from $0.40 to $2.15 a linear foot.
If your home has 200 linear feet of gutters, you can expect to pay an additional $160 (based on the average of $0.80/linear foot).
How Often Should I Have My Home Pressure Washed?
Most experts recommend pressure washing your home at least once a year. This will help keep it looking its best and protect it from the elements.
If you live somewhere that gets lots of pollen or allergens, consider pressure washing more frequently to help your home stay clean and dust-free.
Moreover, the type of material your home is made from will also affect how often you should pressure wash it. For example, if your home has vinyl siding, you can probably get away with pressure washing it every other year.
However, if your home has stucco, you’ll need to pressure wash it more often to prevent mildew and mold growth.
What to Do for Your Home In Between Pressure Washings
It is important to maintain your home even in between pressure washings. Pressure washing can only do so much, so it’s up to you to keep up with the rest. Here are some things you can do:
- Trim your plants, so they are not touching your house
- Repair any cracks or holes in your siding
- Remove any debris from your yard
- Clear your gutters and downspout
- Keep your windows clean
By doing these things, you will help to extend the benefits of pressure washing services and keep your home looking its best all year long.
While there are a few factors to take into consideration when trying to determine how much it will cost to pressure wash your house, the average cost for most homeowners is between $200 and $400.
However, if you have a particularly large or difficult-to-clean home, the price could be closer to $600. Ultimately, the best way to get an accurate estimate is to contact a professional pressure washing company in your area.
Featured Image Credit: Ronstik, Shutterstock