10 Best Commercial Pressure Washers of 2023 – Reviews & Top Picks
Pressure washers can be indispensable tools, helping you with everything from heavy-duty cleaning to paint stripping. But if you buy the wrong model, it could slow you down quite a bit. How do you make sure you’re getting a great machine with all of the features you need?
Don’t worry, we’ve done the research for you. We tested all of the best models and came up with this list of the 10 best commercial pressure washers available this year.
We’ve also written in-depth reviews of each pressure washer, looking closely at design, power, price, features, and warranty to help you make a great choice. You may also want to take a look at our buyer’s guide at the end, which will walk you through your main options.
Whatever you’re looking for, there’s a great pressure washer out there for you.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites in 2023
|Best Overall||Generac Gas Commercial Pressure Washer||
|Best Value||SIMPSON Gas Pressure Washer||
|Premium Choice||Shark Commercial Series Pressure Washer||
|Sun Joe Commercial Pressure Washer||
|Pressure Pro Gas Pressure Washer||
The 10 Best Commercial Pressure Washers
1. Generac Gas Commercial Pressure Washer – Best Overall
Our all-around top pick is the Generac 6565 Gas Powered Commercial Pressure Washer, a well-priced, fairly lightweight machine with plenty of features and quite a bit of power.
Weighing a relatively compact 146.5 pounds, the gas-powered 6565 offers up to 4,200 psi and four gallons per minute of pressure. It has a triplex pump and a powerful 420cc overhead valve engine with automatic low oil shutoff. The package includes five easy to connect tips (0, 15, 25, and 40 degrees, plus a soap dispenser) and a 50-foot hose. The machine has large pneumatic tires and a simple trigger start.
In testing, we found this pressure washer plenty strong for enough tougher tasks. We did have some issues with leaking oil and gas tanks, however Generac offers a good three-year warranty. All in all, this is the best commercial pressure washer we have reviewed this year.
- Fairly lightweight and reasonably-priced
- Powerful pump and engine
- Up to 4,200 psi and four gallons per minute
- Includes five quick-connect tips, including a soap nozzle, and a 50-foot hose
- Simple trigger and functional pneumatic tires
- Low oil automatic shutoff
- Three-year warranty
- May leak gas or oil
- No built-in detergent tank
2. SIMPSON Gas Pressure Washer – Best Value
If you’d prefer a less expensive model, you may be interested in the SIMPSON Cleaning PS3228 PowerShot Gas Pressure Washer, which we recommend as the best commercial pressure washer for the money.
This fairly light 138-pound pressure washer, which is gas-powered, has a strong pump and motor that can produce up to 3,300 psi and spray 2.5 gallons per minute. It has a sturdy steel frame and high-quality 10-inch pneumatic wheels. The package includes engine oil, a 25-foot kink-resistant hose and five quick-connect nozzles, in zero, 15, 25, and 40 degrees, plus a soap dispenser and siphon tube.
In testing, we found that the hose isn’t particularly durable, and the oil tank is prone to leaking. The company offers warranties covering the accessories for 90 days, the engine for three years, the pump for five years, and the frame for 10 years.
- Low-cost and fairly lightweight
- Strong pump and motor
- Up to 3,300 psi and 2.5 gallons per minute
- Sturdy steel frame and large pneumatic wheels
- Includes engine oil, 25-foot hose, five nozzles, and a soap siphon tube
- 90-day accessory, three-year engine, five-year pump, and 10-year frame warranties
- Less durable hose
- Oil tank may leak
3. Shark Commercial Series Pressure Washer – Premium Choice
If you have a higher budget, you may prefer the Shark SGP-353037 Commercial Series Pressure Washer, which is a pricey but powerful pressure washer that can produce hot water.
At 550 pounds, this gas-powered, diesel-heated pressure washer is very heavy. Its powerful motor can produce 3,000 psi of pressure and spray 3.5 gallons per minute. Through a stainless steel wrapped coil, it can heat hot water for added cleaning power.
This machine is very bulky and expensive, but it does feel durable. If you’d like to be able to clean with hot water, it may be a good choice, but if you don’t need that feature, it may be larger and pricier than you need. Shark offers a seven-year pump warranty, a one-year parts warranty, and a three-year coil warranty.
- Gas-powered and diesel-heated
- Stainless steel wrapped coil that produces hot water
- Up to 3,000 psi and 3.5 gallons per minute
- Durable with a strong motor
- One-year accessory, three-year coil, and seven-year pump warranties
- Very expensive and heavy
- May be more than you need
4. Sun Joe Commercial Pressure Washer
Sun Joe’s SPX9006-PRO Commercial Pressure Washer is a lightweight, low-cost option that’s not powerful or durable enough for commercial use.
This 62.4-pound pressure washer is powered by an electric cord and has a less powerful 1,800-watt brushless induction motor. It can produce 1,300 psi and spray two gallons per minute. There’s a sturdy steel frame and a 25-foot steel-reinforced hose, plus a one-gallon detergent tank and five quick-connect spray tips, at zero, 15, 25, and 40 degrees, plus a soap option. This model also has an adjustable pressure valve and a convenient hose reel.
In testing, we found this machine to be insufficiently powerful for heavy-duty cleaning. If you’re shopping for a commercial pressure washer, you may prefer a stronger model. It’s also not the sturdiest machine we reviewed. Sun Joe offers a basic two-year warranty.
- Lightweight and inexpensive
- Corded electric power
- Up to 1,300 psi and two gallons per minute
- Includes five quick-connect spray tips, plus a detergent tank and a reinforced 25-foot hose
- Brushless induction motor
- Sturdy steel frame
- Two-year warranty
- Not very durable
- Not powerful enough for heavy-duty cleaning
5. Pressure Pro Gas Pressure Washer
Another option is the Pressure Pro E3027HC Gas Powered Pressure Washer, a compact, reasonably powerful machine that’s quiet but also cheap-feeling and somewhat expensive.
This 88.1-pound gas-powered pressure washer has a 6.5-horsepower direct-drive motor that can produce a pressure of up to 2,700 psi and spray up to three gallons per minute. The package includes five quick-connect nozzles and a 50-foot steel-reinforced hose. This model is surprisingly quiet but doesn’t seem especially well-designed.
This pressure washer is fairly difficult to put together, with less than helpful instructions and a fairly high price. Pressure Pro offers a 90-day accessory warranty and a three-year engine warranty but has poor customer service.
- Fairly lightweight and quiet
- Up to 2,700 psi and three gallons per minute
- Strong direct-drive motor
- Includes five nozzles and a 50-foot reinforced hose
- 90-day accessory and three-year engine warranties
- Somewhat expensive
- Poor customer service
- Difficult to put together, with less helpful instructions
6. KranzleUSA Electric Commercial Pressure Washer
The K1122TST Electric Commercial Pressure Washer from KranzleUSA is compact but fairly expensive, with a less powerful engine and a somewhat cheap feel.
This corded electric model weighs a light 81 pounds and can reach up to 1,400 psi and two gallons per minute. The 15-amp engine has to be attached to an inconveniently short 35-foot cord, and the pressure washer has a durable steel frame with a plastic cover. The package includes adjustable and turbo nozzles, plus safety coupler screw connections and an auto-off feature.
This pressure washer isn’t powerful enough to justify its higher price. It also doesn’t feel well-constructed and may not be especially durable. KranzleUSA offers a short one-year warranty.
- Corded electric power
- Up to 1,400 psi and two gallons per minute
- Includes turbo and adjustable nozzles
- Steel frame with plastic cover
- Fairly expensive
- Must be plugged into a fairly short cord
- Less powerful engine
- Cheaper-feeling design
- Short one-year warranty
7. NorthStar Gas & Hot Water Pressure Washer
The NorthStar Gas Wet Steam and Hot Water Pressure Washer is a heavy and pricey model with hot water capabilities and a good range of features.
This 600-pound pressure washer can reach 3,000 psi and four gallons per minute. It has a steel roll cage, 14-inch pneumatic tires, and an encased coil assembly attached to a burner that can heat water up to 250° Fahrenheit. The recoil start is easy to use, and the package includes a 50-foot hose, five quick-connect nozzles, and a steam nozzle. This machine is both battery- and gas-powered, and the triplex pump is equipped with high-quality ceramic plungers.
In testing, we found that this model wasn’t as durable as its high price, and it was somewhat more difficult to use. NorthStar offers a two-year warranty, including parts and labor, and you can pay to extend it an extra year.
- Hot water capabilities
- Up to 3,000 psi and four gallons per minute
- Battery- and gas-powered
- Includes five quick-connect nozzles and a steam tip
- Easy to use recoil start
- Steel roll cage and 14-inch pneumatic tires
- Inclusive, extendable two-year warranty
- Heavy and expensive
- More difficult to use
8. Pressure Pro Electric Pressure Washer
The Pressure Pro EE3530G Electric Powered Pressure Washer is a high-cost but lightweight machine with a powerful motor and fewer features.
This pricey corded electric model weighs a light 90 pounds and has a strong 7.5-horsepower motor. It can produce an impressive 3,000 psi and spray 3.5 gallons per minute. The package includes five quick-connect tips and a 50-foot hose but no turbo nozzle.
This pressure washer has a less durable aluminum frame and an inconveniently short 12-foot power cord. It’s heavy-duty and fairly strong but more expensive than its range of features. It can’t produce hot water. Pressure Pro offers a lifetime frame warranty, a 90-day overall warranty, and a five-year warranty for the triplex plunger pump.
- Corded electric
- Strong 7.5-horsepower motor
- Up to 3,000 psi and 3.5 gallons per minute
- Includes five quick-connect tips and a 50-foot hose
- Lifetime frame warranty, 90-day overall warranty, and five-year plunger warranty
- Short power cord
- Less durable aluminum frame
- No turbo nozzle or hot water capabilities
9. AR Annovi Reverberi Commercial Pressure Washer
The AR Annovi Reverberi AR630TSS-HOT Commercial Pressure Washer is a light, fairly costly model with a less powerful motor and a short hose.
This 62-pound pressure washer, which has an inlet for hot water but can’t produce it, has a 19-amp induction motor and can produce up to 1,900 psi and 2.1 gallons per minute. The triplex pump has a ceramic plunger, and the package includes a short 25-foot hose, a variable speed nozzle, and a 21-foot power cord. This model turns off automatically when you release the trigger, so the pump won’t overheat.
When we tested the AR630TSS-HOT, we found some issues with loose wires, and the lack of wheels makes it difficult to move around. The manufacturer offers a one-year warranty that covers the machine, the gun, and the hose assembly.
- Corded electric
- Up to 1,900 psi and 2.1 gallons per minute
- Triplex pump with a ceramic plunger
- Can work with hot water
- Auto-off feature
- Includes variable speed nozzle and power cord
- Fairly expensive
- Less powerful 19-amp motor
- Can’t produce hot water
- Shorter 25-foot hose
- Issues with loose wires
- Difficult to move without wheels
10. Lifan Elite Commercial Pressure Washer
Our least favorite model is the Lifan 4515 Elite Series Commercial Pressure Washer, which is fairly heavy and expensive with a powerful motor and a short warranty.
At 200 pounds, this gas-powered machine is somewhat bulky, but it’s easy to move on sturdy 13-inch wheels. The 15-horsepower engine is very powerful, producing up to 4,500 psi and spraying four gallons per minute. This model has a stainless steel frame with a folding handle and includes a 50-foot steel-braided hose and five quick-connect nozzles.
Unlike many other models, this pressure washer doesn’t come with engine oil or gas. The recoil start is more difficult to use, and the machine as a whole doesn’t feel very durable. Lifan backs the 4515 up with a short one-year warranty that covers the pump and engine but not the accessories.
- Sturdy stainless steel frame with strong engine
- Up to 4,500 psi and four gallons per minute
- Durable 13-inch wheels
- Includes 50-foot reinforced hose and five quick-connect tips
- Folding handle
- Expensive and somewhat heavy
- Short one-year warranty that doesn’t cover accessories
- More difficult to use recoil start
Buyer’s Guide – Purchasing the Best Commercial Pressure Washer
You’ve taken a look at our list of the best industrial pressure washers. But how do you pick the right one for your purposes? Keep reading for our quick guide to the major features you’ll be able to choose between.
Pressure washers are typically either powered by gas or electricity. Gas-powered models are generally more powerful, though you’ll need to supply gas and engine oil and you may need to do more engine maintenance.
Corded electric models are easier to maintain but need to be plugged-in to work. Electric models are also generally less powerful, with lower pressure capabilities. If you choose an electric model, you’ll probably want to pay attention to the length of the included power cord, as a short cord could make your cleaning work more difficult.
Your pressure washer’s maximum capabilities will affect the level of cleaning you’ll be able to do. For a powerful model, you’ll want a machine capable of at least 3,000 psi and two to four gallons per minute. Less powerful pressure washers may slow down your work.
Do you need to work with hot water or steam? You may want to look for a pressure washer that is equipped with a burner or heating coil. Another option is a model with a hot water inlet, which will allow you to pipe in hot water but won’t heat it for you.
Commercial pressure washers typically come with frames made of either aluminum or stainless steel. Steel frames are stronger and more durable but are also heavier and may be more expensive. If you choose a model with an aluminum frame, it may be less durable but will be quite a bit lighter.
Pressure washers are typically large, heavy machines. If you’ll need to move yours around, you may want to make sure it has sturdy wheels that will facilitate your work.
Commercial pressure washers are typically large purchases. Do you want to protect your investment with a good warranty? The models reviewed here all have warranties, but they vary from one to 10 years of coverage. You may also want to pay attention to the details of each warranty, as some cover only the engine or pump, or offer different coverage lengths for the machine’s various components.
The results are in! Our overall favorite model is the Generac 6565 Gas Powered Commercial Pressure Washer, which is fairly-priced and powerful, with a convenient range of features. If you’re looking for the highest value, you may be interested in the SIMPSON Cleaning PS3228 PowerShot Gas Pressure Washer, which is strong, durable, and sold at a great price. Are you looking for a high-end pressure washer? You may prefer the Shark SGP-353037 Commercial Series Pressure Washer, which comes at a high cost but offers convenient hot water capabilities and a powerful engine.
A commercial pressure washer can be a great tool, but you’ll want a model with enough power and features to meet your needs. We hope that our list of the 10 best commercial pressure washers, complete with comprehensive reviews and a detailed buyer’s guide, helps you find a great machine.
- 1 A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites in 2023
- 2 The 10 Best Commercial Pressure Washers
- 2.1 1. Generac Gas Commercial Pressure Washer – Best Overall
- 2.2 2. SIMPSON Gas Pressure Washer – Best Value
- 2.3 3. Shark Commercial Series Pressure Washer – Premium Choice
- 2.4 4. Sun Joe Commercial Pressure Washer
- 2.5 5. Pressure Pro Gas Pressure Washer
- 2.6 6. KranzleUSA Electric Commercial Pressure Washer
- 2.7 7. NorthStar Gas & Hot Water Pressure Washer
- 2.8 8. Pressure Pro Electric Pressure Washer
- 2.9 9. AR Annovi Reverberi Commercial Pressure Washer
- 2.10 10. Lifan Elite Commercial Pressure Washer
- 3 Buyer’s Guide – Purchasing the Best Commercial Pressure Washer
- 4 Conclusion