How Much Is a Slingshot Motorcycle in 2023?
The Polaris Slingshot is a three-wheeled motorcycle that, unlike most other three-wheeled vehicles, has two wheels at the front and one at the rear. Introduced in 2014, a variety of models have been manufactured in the vehicle’s history. Prices today range from $19,999 for the basic S model to $28,899 for the new and more advanced SLR model, which includes sports seats and increased power. The R model, which is essentially the racing model, costs $32,499.
Read on for more information about the Slingshot, including new features introduced this year and how much this unique three-wheeler costs.
The Polaris Slingshot
Three-wheelers combine the feeling of speed offered by a motorcycle with the extra stability and security that a car offers. Polaris launched its own version of this unusual vehicle shape in 2014. However, the company eschewed the usual layout for this type of vehicle. Instead of having a single wheel at the front, the Polaris has two wheels at the front and one at the back.
It has undergone various changes and upgrades since its launch, not least in 2020 when the whole vehicle was overhauled.
There are four variants of the Slingshot, all of which have an inline, 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter engine that, depending on the model, delivers between 178–203 horsepower.
What’s New for 2023?
The year 2022 saw a number of changes and additions to the Slingshot:
- New roof options are now available on all models. The vented sports hood is designed to improve dynamics and performance. The Excursion is a soft top that can be removed by hand or using the provided tools.
- New brakes were also introduced. The Brembo brake package, which comes as standard on the R model and as an optional extra on all other models, has larger rotors and offers smoother and quicker braking.
- Also new this year was the introduction of the SLR model. The SLR is essentially a cross between the SL and the R models. It has a 7-inch display screen, improved interiors compared to the S, and has the 203 horsepower output of the R model.
How Much Is the Slingshot Ii 2023?
The price of a Slingshot is ultimately determined by the model you choose and whether you want any additional extras. Here are the prices you can expect:
- The S model, which is the basic model, starts at $19,999.
- The SL has a better audio system and a 7-inch screen and starts at $25,999.
- The SLR is another step up and has the audio system and touch screen, further quality of life improvements to the interior, and a 203-horsepower engine. It costs $28,899.
- The R model is the hardcore racing variant of the Slingshot. It has a 203-horsepower engine and the new Brembo brakes. It costs $32,499.
How Fast Is the 2023 Polaris Slingshot?
The top speed of the 2022 Slingshot is limited to 125 miles per hour, and the R model will accelerate from 0–60 miles per hour in just 4.9 seconds.
How Many Miles Per Gallon Does a Slingshot Get?
The different models of Slingshot all have a tank capacity of just under 10 gallons and fuel economy varies according to driving conditions, driving style, and model of the vehicle, but users claim to get between 23–33 miles to the gallon, with the average being 28 miles per gallon.
Do I Need a Helmet to Ride a Slingshot?
In most states, the Slingshot is either considered a motorcycle or an autocycle. State rules do vary, but in a lot of cases, it is a legal requirement that riders wear a helmet. Make sure you check with state laws before riding a Slingshot or you could land yourself a fine and other penalties.
The Slingshot is a unique three-wheeled vehicle that features two wheels at the front and one at the rear. It is considered a fun vehicle to ride and costs between $19,999 and $32,499, depending on the model chosen. There are some optional extras and a choice of roof style that may also add to the overall cost of the vehicle.
Featured Image Credit: HELMEnT, Pixabay