5 Best Inflatable Pool Slides in 2022 – Reviews & Top Picks
Now that the summer is on the way, it’s time to start thinking about opening up your pool. One of the best pool accessories you can have, however, is a slide. Fun for the young and young at heart, these waterways add an extra element to your backyard fun. If you don’t already have one, we bet you wish you did!
On the other hand, if you have been thinking about getting a pool slide, you’re probably aware of how expensive they are. The fiberglass options are costly, plus they are difficult to install. That’s one of the reasons why pool owners are opting for an inflatable option.
In the article below, we have reviewed the five best inflatable pool slides you can get your hands on. We will share how durable each one is along with how easy they are to inflate, their lifespan, extra features and much more. There’s also a buyer’s guide to further help you find the right one.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites in 2022
|Best Overall||WOW Watersports 19-2060 Slide N Smile||
|Best Value||Intex 58849EP Water Slide||
|Premium Choice||RAVE 3004.8632 Sports Pontoon Slide||
|Swimline 90809 Super Slide||
|Poolmaster 86233 Aqua Launch Swimming Pool Slide||
The 5 Best Inflatable Pool Slides
1. WOW Watersports 19-2060 Slide N Smile – Best Overall
Our pick for the best inflatable pool slide is the WOW Watersports 19-2060 Slide N Smile. This is a 108 x 84 x 50-inch accessory that is yellow and orange with smiley face graphics. Both kids and adults will have fun with this option as it is a double lane slide with a 550-pound weight limit.
If you are ready to let the kids have some pool time fun, you will feel secure with the inflatable side rails and stairs. It also has two side handles, so you can tie it off, as well. Additionally, you can take this pool slide with you to the lake, dock, and pond. It floats in the water, plus it has a secure zipper connection, so you can add as many inflatable items as you would like; such as a water mat.
If using the WOW away from the pool, the bright colors will make it easy to see. It weighs 38.5 pounds, and it inflates and deflates easily. What’s more, the WOW slide is constructed of durable PVC material that will not tear or deflate while it is in use. Overall, this is our top pick for an inflatable pool slide.
2. Intex 58849EP Water Slide – Best Value
A pool slide is a lot of fun, but it can be expensive. Not to worry, though, we have a great affordable option for you. The Intex 58849EP Water Slide features five air chambers, six heavy-duty handles, and it is blue with wave graphics on the side.
This is a double lane slide made of 20-gauge vinyl. It is not only durable, but it will not deflate even with rough-housing fun. The back has sturdy foot holes, plus an inflatable step mat. You can also attach your garden hose to keep the slide slippery.
The Intex 58849EP Water Slide is easy to inflate and deflate. It is 131 x 81 x 46 inches and weighs 37 pounds. You can only use this slide in the pool on level ground, yet it comes with a repair patch. Besides that, the only drawback we can see is the weight capacity is only 176 pounds. Otherwise, this is the best inflatable pool slide for the money.
3. RAVE 3004.8632 Sports Pontoon Slide – Premium Choice
If you are ready to spend a little more coin on summer fun, the RAVE 3004.8632 Sports Pontoon Slide is the right choice for you. This wide, single lane slide can be used in the pool, off a dock, or as the name suggests, you can use it on your pontoon boat.
The RAVE is 29.8 x 21.9 x 8.3 inches and comes in a white and blue design. It is made of commercial-grade material that won’t puncture or tear. Plus, it inflates in five minutes. There is a 250-pound weight capacity, as well as, secure foot holes and handles.
This slide fits most pontoon boats. The V shape is perfect for setting it right over the door, however, you will need to use a sawhorse to steady it when using it in the pool. Also, this option is better for above ground pools or inground with a deeper water level.
On the other hand, you will receive a 12V high-pressure pump with the RAVE slide. When you are done for the day, you can also roll it up like a sleeping bag for easy storage. It weighs an easy to travel with 40.8 pounds, and it comes with straps to attach it to your deck or boat. Although it is more expensive, this is a great option for a pool slide.
4. Swimline 90809 Super Slide
The Swimline 90809 Super Slide is made of a heavy-duty, blue and red vinyl that will not rip or tear. It comes in a 99 x 68 x 40-inch size with a double lane. That being said, this is a smaller option, and should only be used one person at a time.
The Swimline is easy to set up, plus inflates/deflates quickly. It has large side rails for security, plus a garden hose attachment that makes a water spout. What’s more, it weighs only 10 pounds. You should be aware, however, that this slide tends to tip over with roughhousing. As it does not have any grommets to tie it down, parental supervision is strongly suggested.
We also want to note that this slide will need to be inflated often. As kids jump around on it, it will lose air and be in more danger of tipping over. On a brighter note, there is a weighted water base that helps keep the slide in one spot (though, as mentioned, it will still tip forward). Finally, the slide has a 150-pound weight limit.
5. Poolmaster 86233 Aqua Launch Swimming Pool Slide
Our final pick is the Poolmaster 86233 Aqua Launch Swimming Pool Slide. It is available in a 92 x 34.5 x 40-inch size and comes in a red and yellow design. The single lane is semi-wide, and it is made of vinyl material. Unfortunately, the construction is rather thin, and it can easily acquire holes.
You also want to note that the incline is not high. The Poolmaster slide is prone to sliding right into the pool. There are two handles on the top sides, and two adults must hold them as it is being used.
On the plus side, you do have inflatable slides to keep the kids in place. On the other hand, there is the 40-pound weight capacity: anyone heavier is in danger of falling off the sides. This slide is not the safest option.
The Poolmaster has a Boston valve that makes deflation easy, plus you can attach your garden hose to keep the slide wet. You will have to inflate the slide often, however. Finally, this option has a water ballast to help it stay in place, but as we warned, it is not effective. Overall, this is our least favorite option.
Buyer’s Guide – Finding the Best Inflatable Pool Slide
A pool slide is a great investment for your summer fun. They provide hours of fun for the entire family if you choose the right one. To give you a little more insight into the topic, we have shared some pointers on what you should be looking for when you are shopping.
- Weight Capacity: The first thing you want to check is the weight limit. Depending on who is going to use the slide, you should make sure that the weight capacity is at least 200 pounds for adults.
- Materials: Inflatable toys can be tricky. Especially ones that are going to get a lot of use. In this case, remember that the slide is going to be sitting on your pool deck, so you want to make sure you purchase one that is made of a thick gauge vinyl.
- Hand and Foot Hold: Most slides either come with stairs or foot holes. If you have children, stairs are easier to use. On the other hand, foot holes do not buckle as easily as stairs if the slide will be used by an adult. You also want to make sure there are handles to help sliders climb.
- Pumps: Another aspect of your slide you should consider is the air pump. Some models come with one, but if it does not, you will need to purchase one.
- Garden Hose: Some slides have a garden hose attachment that will create either a water spout or river to keep the slide wet. It is not always necessary, but if that is something you enjoy, make sure the attachment is durable…floods happen.
- Style: The last aspect you want to consider is the style. This will depend heavily on the type of pool you have, plus the desired use. For example, some slides can be used off of pontoon boats, while others float and can be used in a lake or pond.
Although these features are important, they are not the most crucial aspects of a slide; which brings us to our next topic…
Important Safety Features of An Inflatable Pool Slide
The safety of your pool slide is very important whether it is being used for kids or adults. We recommend that kids have adult supervision while using this pool toy at all times. Unfortunately, even with a watchful eye, accidents can still happen.
With that being said, there are some important safety features you should look for when picking out a pool slide.
- Inflatable Sides: Most pool slides come with inflatable sides that will keep the rider from going off the side. Just make sure the sides are big enough to stop a wayward slider, however.
- Water Bases: Some options come with a water base. This helps keep the slide in one place and keeps it from tipping over. The more effective water bases are those that fill the water under the slide versus those that are placed at the back end.
- Grommets: Strapping down your slide is also recommended when using it in your pool and if you are using it on a dock. This will further help you keep it in place.
- Handles: Although we mentioned handles before, it is important to check that there are two at the top of the slide to help with balance.
- Shape: Shape is also important, as well as size. The bigger the slide, the more secure it is when in use. V-shaped models can tip easily, plus small slides are more likely to shift.
Overall, slides can be great fun if they are used responsibly. Also, check the instructions and never use it in an unintended way.
We hope you have enjoyed the above reviews on our picks of the best inflatable pool slides. Although they can be a lot of fun, they will be more trouble than they are worth if you do not pick out the right one for you and your summer fun.
In our opinion, the WOW Watersports 19-2060 Slide N Smile it the best pool slide available. This large and safe model will prove to be fun in the sun for adults and kids of all ages. On the other hand, if you need something more affordable, the Intex 58849EP Water Slide is a great cost-efficient option. It has all the features of our first pick with only a slightly lower weight capacity.
- 1 A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites in 2022
- 2 The 5 Best Inflatable Pool Slides
- 3 Buyer’s Guide – Finding the Best Inflatable Pool Slide
- 4 Conclusion