7 Best Pool Tile Cleaners in 2022 – Reviews & Top Picks
Is there anything worse than dingy, dirty-looking pool tiles? Just as the summer is rolling in, and we are all anxious to open up our pools, we get a good look at the tile and see first-hand what the offseason has caused. Not only that, but basic debris that gets stuck in your pool can cause some unsavory-looking pool sides.
Of course, there is a simple answer to this problem. A pool tile cleaner! The only difficult part is picking out the right product that is going to be effective, safe, and long-lasting. Not to worry, however, this is where we come in to help.
We have reviewed the eight best pool tile cleaners available. Not only will we share whether or not each pick is worth your time, but our reviews extend into an additional buyer’s guide, as well. The summer is coming, so there is no time to waste!
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites in 2022
|Best Overall||EasyCare 20064 Scaletec Plus||
|Best Value||Natural Chemistry 05131 Phosfree Pool Cleaner||
|Premium Choice||Bio Clean 102497 Professional Cleaner||
|Wipe Out 6012 All Purpose Surface Cleaner||
|Descale-It 10-0920 Pool & Spa Cleaner||
The 7 Best Pool Tile Cleaners
1. EasyCare 20064 Scaletec Plus – Best Overall
Our first choice on the list of best pool tile cleaners is the EasyCare 20064 Scaletec Plus. Available in a 64-ounce bottle, this is a great option for removing stains and limescale build-up from your pool’s tiles. Not only that, but there is no scrubbing or pool draining required.
The EasyCare does its job without acids and controls all metals that could build-up around your pool. What’s more, it will help future stains from appearing. You can also use this product during the offseason to get a whiter resurfaced pool within as little as two to four weeks.
This cleaner can also be used to rid your pool equipment of limescale and stains. It is safe for your pool, and will not cause any damage that acid-based washes can. Overall, this is a top pick for a pool tile cleaner.
2. Natural Chemistry 05131 Phosfree Pool Cleaner – Best Value
If you need a more affordable option for your pool, we like the Natural Chemistry 05131 Phosfree Pool Cleaner. Available in a three-liter bottle, you can pick this product up in a two- or four-pack depending on your needs.
The Natural Chemistry is an all-natural enzyme pool tile cleaner that is non-toxic. This cleaner will help enhance any sanitizer program, plus it will reduce any eye and skin irritation, as well. The main purpose of this product, however, is to keep your pool water clean and clear.
You will also find this cleaner works well to rid your pool of phosphorus, strong chemical smells, and water rings around the edge. What’s more, it can help keep your filtration system clean. The only drawback to this product is it doesn’t eliminate limescale build-up. Otherwise, this is the best pool tile cleaner for the money.
3. Bio Clean 102497 Professional Cleaner – Premium Choice
Our next option is the Bio Clean 102497 Professional Cleaner. This eco-friendly and non-toxic product works to remove hard water stains from around the edge of your pool. Available in a 20 or 40-ounce bottle, it can remove years of metal buildup and stains such as rust and mildew.
The Bio Clean is a more expensive alternative, although it can be used on your shower doors, bathroom windows, and many other surfaces.
The formula is an abrasive based non-chemical compound that smells great and does not leave any lingering odors behind. You also have restorative power at your fingertips with this cleaner. Not only that, but it also prevents stains and hard water from making their mark once again. The only drawback of note is this product takes longer to see resurfacing results than others.
4. Wipe Out 6012 All Purpose Surface Cleaner
The Wipe Out 6012 All Purpose Surface Cleaner is a 1-quart option that comes in a two or four-pack. This is an all-purpose cleaner that can be used on your pool tile and other surfaces. This product is great for removing body oils, grease, and other stains.
The Wipe Out comes in a spray trigger bottle that will require a sponge and some scrubbing to be effective. Also, you should keep in mind that this product is not as effective on metal buildup such as limescale and rust. What’s more, this is not an all-natural formula, and it has an odor from the chemicals in the ingredients.
On a brighter note, this is a biodegradable product. It can be used on all of your pool supplies including your deck, pool slides, and filters. Plus, it will help prevent it from building up if you use it regularly. Finally, you should note that this cleaner is ineffective at preventing metal stains.
5. Descale-It 10-0920 Pool & Spa Cleaner
Our next 100 percent biodegradable option is the Descale-It 10-0920 Pool & Spa Cleaner. This formula is great for removing limescale build-up and other metal stains such as rust from around the rim and tiles of your pool.
Available in a 32-fluid ounce bottle, the Descale-It does not leave behind any harsh chemical smells. Be aware, however, that this product is not effective at preventing future stains. What’s more, it requires several passes before you see a difference in your tile.
Although this formula is not overly harsh, it can irritate your eyes while cleaning. Protective goggles are recommended. On the other hand, it will not affect the Ph balance of your pool’s water. Keep in mind, though, you will also have a harder time removing stains caused by oil and grease.
6. Arrow Spark-L 10-0920 Pool & Spa Cleaner
In the second to last spot, we have the Arrow Spark-L 10-0920 Pool & Spa Cleaner. This product is meant to be used on multiple surfaces, yet is most effective on tiles. You can pick this option up in a one-quart bottle, though it takes quite a bit of cleaner to show any difference.
The Arrow Spark is designed to clean all kinds of tile stains from hard water to oils. It is fair to say, however, that it is most effective on lighter and newer stains. Any metal issues such as rust will require a scrub brush, although it is not always effective.
You can use this cleaner by spraying it into the pool to accumulate any debris into one area. Although it will not help with any future stains, the debris round-up is effective.
7. In The Swim Super Pool Tile Cleaner
Our final pick is the In The Swim Super Pool Tile Cleaner. This is an all-purpose vinyl and tile degreaser that you can use to remove oils, rim stains, and various other debris. Unfortunately, what it does not cover is a hard metal such as rust or limescale stains.
The Swim comes in a 32-ounce bottle. It is an alkaline-based formula that will remove organic stains that are fresh and light. One thing to note is this cleaner will leave a film behind that can leak into your pool’s water. Also, there is a strong chemical scent, and you will have to wait a day before you can use the pool again.
With this cleaner, you will need to use a scrub brush and some force to remove stains. As mentioned, it is only effective with lighter, newer issues. Older more stubborn stains will not be affected. Overall, this is our least favorite pool tile cleaner.
Buyer’s Guide – Choosing the Best Pool Tile Cleaner
There are many types of tile cleaners available for your pool. The best ones allow you to remove any stains with minimal force and odors. When searching for the right brand, keep some of these tips in mind:
- All-Natural: Although natural formulas are better for you and the environment, many people believe they will not be as strong as those cleaners with chemicals. That is not the case. Not only are they effective, but they will also keep you and the environment safe.
- Stains: One unfortunate side effect of your pool is they are notorious for rust and limescale build-up. This can make an otherwise healthy pool appear shabby. That being said, you want to find a cleaner that will remove these metal stains along with grease, oil, and any other debris that may accumulate on your tile.
- Scrubbing: No one wants to spend their time scrubbing their pool tile. Finding a brand that will eliminate stains with minimal effort is key. Also, a good cleaner will not require you to empty the water, as well.
- Film: One side effect of some cleaners is a film that will cover the water and tile of your pool. They will become stains themselves and will require more work on your part to remove.
- pH Balance: The pH balance of your pool is very important. It is what keeps the chemicals at a safe level and maintains the sanitization of the water at a good level. Be sure to find a cleaner that will not disrupt the levels if you are planning to use the pool again right away.
- Wait Time: Like the pH balance, you also want to consider whether or not you will be using your pool shortly after cleaning. Some products require you to wait for a few hours or days before swimming again.
- Whitening: One great feature of many cleaners is their ability to whiten your tiles. Though it can improve the appearance of your pool, be wary of those products with bleach.
- Preventive Maintenance: Finding a cleaner that prevents stains from appearing is another benefit you should look out for. That being said, some also require you to use them several times before you see a difference. This is especially true if they are restorative. Though it may take time before you see a difference, these types of cleaners can do wonders for your pool.
We hope you have enjoyed our reviews on the best pool tile cleaner. Keeping your pool as clean as possible will not only enhance your swimming pleasure, but it will help sanitize your area, as well. If this article has made your job picking one out any easier, it is a job well done.
If you want the best of the best pool tile cleaners, the EasyCare 20064 Scaletec Plus is our favorite choice. It will give you all of the cleaning power you need, plus help whiten your tile. If you need something more affordable, try the Natural Chemistry 05131 Phosfree Pool Cleaner that will give you a great bang for your buck.
Featured Image Credit: oatpost, Shutterstock
- 1 A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites in 2022
- 2 The 7 Best Pool Tile Cleaners
- 2.1 1. EasyCare 20064 Scaletec Plus – Best Overall
- 2.2 2. Natural Chemistry 05131 Phosfree Pool Cleaner – Best Value
- 2.3 3. Bio Clean 102497 Professional Cleaner – Premium Choice
- 2.4 4. Wipe Out 6012 All Purpose Surface Cleaner
- 2.5 5. Descale-It 10-0920 Pool & Spa Cleaner
- 2.6 6. Arrow Spark-L 10-0920 Pool & Spa Cleaner
- 2.7 7. In The Swim Super Pool Tile Cleaner
- 3 Buyer’s Guide – Choosing the Best Pool Tile Cleaner
- 4 Conclusion