8 Best Patio Furniture Sets in 2023: Reviews & Top Picks
Patios don’t need the deluxe furniture you’d put indoors, but a high-quality patio set can be the perfect way to turn your backyard, deck, or patio into a cozy hangout area. It can be hard to choose the ideal set for your patio, though, which is why we’ve compiled some reviews of all the very best patio furniture sets. Let’s check out what they are and what makes them so great.
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites of 2023
|Best Overall||8 Best Patio Furniture Sets||
|Best Value||Devoko Wicker Chairs With Table||
|Premium Choice||Wisteria Lane Aluminum Outdoor Patio Furniture Set||
|All-Weather Wicker Sectional by Ashley Beachcroft||
|Solid Acacia Patio Dining Set||
The 8 Best Patio Furniture Sets
1. Devoko Patio Dining Set – Best Overall
|Number of pieces||9|
Our best overall patio set will comfortably seat eight people between its four chairs and four ottomans, or you can give four people seats with footrests. Unlike many patio sets, this one has a large tempered glass tabletop that’s resistant to impacts, so you can enjoy an elegant dining experience without worrying about it getting broken. The set is crafted from polyethylene rattan, which makes it more resistant to weather and temperature changes. It’s also extremely easy to clean! However, it will need to be covered in the off-season.
- Seats up to 8 people
- Polyethylene faux rattan is easy to clean and lasts a long time
- Ottomans also double as storage spaces
- Large, durable glass tabletop
- Needs to be covered in the off-season
2. Devoko Wicker Chairs With Table – Best Value
|Number of pieces||3|
This compact patio set is perhaps the best for your money, with two comfortable and fashionable faux rattan chairs and a small table with a removable glass tabletop. The faux rattan has a stainless-steel frame and is extremely durable, withstanding extreme temperatures as well as wind and rain. The glass tabletop is perfect for serving meals or drinks for two, or you can pair it with a larger set for extra seating space. Keep in might, however, that this only seats two and is small. If you’re looking for something bigger, this won’t be the best option for you.
- Polyethylene rattan with stainless steel frame withstands all types of weather
- Easy to clean
- Removable glass for easy cleaning and versatility
- Removable cushion covers
- Only seats two
- Requires assembly
3. Wisteria Lane Aluminum Outdoor Patio Furniture Set – Premium Choice
|Number of pieces||5|
With effortlessly elegant aluminum frames and comfortable Olefin cushions, this premium patio set fits any space. The dove gray color works within any setting to help make it feel airier, but it’s not as fragile as it looks. The streamlined design of this set is enhanced with a thicker seating baseplate and wide armrests, which are both comfortable and durable. Finally, the imitation wood table isn’t susceptible to extreme temperatures like glass tabletops are. The seat cushions are not waterproof, though, so you will have to remove them whenever you expect rain. Plus, customers report that the table is prone to water rings, so be sure to put some coasters out.
- Aluminum frame resists oxidation, deformation, and other damage
- 5” thick Olefin cushions provide plush seating for up to 7 people
- Gray color and low-lying design help this set fit in any space for any occasion
- Table can develop water rings
- Seat cushions aren’t waterproof
4. All-Weather Wicker Sectional by Ashley Beachcroft
|Material||Wicker with aluminum frame|
|Number of pieces||1 (separate purchases required)|
If you’re tired of faux wicker, look no further than this flexible sectional set. The catch is that the set only comes with a three-seater sofa, and you have to purchase additional pieces separately. While this can be a hassle, it lets you build a patio set as large or as small as you need. Create a giant sectional for a corner of your patio or get a couple of separate sofas for super-comfortable backyard barbecues. Customers also report that pieces can ship separately and arrive at different times.
- Wicker material is sustainable and stylish
- Aluminum frame provides durability and protection from oxidation
- Buying pieces separately means you only buy what you need
- Tons of permutations
- Separate purchases can get expensive for large sets
- Pieces ship separately
5. Solid Acacia Patio Dining Set
|Number of pieces||7|
If you don’t care for rattan and other modern styles, this patio set made from solid acacia wood is a perfect choice. The chairs are made with a striking chevron design and a warm finish, although several colors are available, too. The table is extendable and has a slot for an umbrella, providing a shadier dining experience. Because this set is made of real wood, it needs to be finished with teak oil to protect against rain, and we suggest covering it in severe weather and the off-season. While durable, it is very heavy. It also requires maintenance to keep it protected from harsh weather conditions.
- Solid acacia wood is durable against wind and light rain
- Beautiful design and details
- Extendable table with room for an umbrella
- Additional pieces available to make a bigger patio set
- Must apply teak oil to keep in good condition
6. Best Choice Wicker Patio Conversation Set
|Material||Wicker with stainless steel frame|
|Number of pieces||4|
For a small yet customizable patio set, this offering from Best Choice is fantastic. Although it only comes with four pieces, they can be arranged for a casual hang-out environment or pushed close together for a relaxed outdoor dinner. The tempered glass tabletop is great for serving drinks and meals and can be removed for easy cleaning. The cushions are standard for patio sets but come in eye-catching red and teal colors. Some reports state that the cushions aren’t the most comfortable, although it is still suitable for many people.
- Can be arranged in numerous ways
- Striking cushion colors
- Wicker is sustainable and stylish
- Stainless steel frame provides superior durability
- Limited seating space
- Factory cushions aren’t very comfortable
7. Best Choice Modular Outdoor Sectional
|Material||Wicker with powder-coated steel frame|
|Number of pieces||7|
With seven pieces that can seat up to six people, this set is perfect for entertaining and large families that need plenty of seating. The all-weather wicker holds up to most weather admirably, and the powder-coated steel frame provides strong durability. The best feature of this set is its modular nature. You can arrange the chairs into a sectional, couch and chairs, or any number of other configurations. The clips may be a bit finicky, but it’s great for its price range and versatility.
- Modular style lets you rearrange the set for any situation
- Comes with clips to secure chairs into sofas and loveseats
- Wicker & steel frame holds up very well to weather
- Water-resistant pillows
- Can be hard to put together for beginners
- Easy to push furniture apart without clips
8. Devoko Rocking Bistro Patio Set
|Number of pieces||3|
This minimalistic patio set features two easygoing rocking chairs and a glass-topped table, perfect for relaxing on a lazy afternoon. The wicker design is easy to clean and holds up to weather reasonably well, although the cozy cushions aren’t secured to the chairs. The chairs aren’t too arched and provide a gentle rock, but they don’t have rocker stops—don’t go too crazy or you could get a head injury because of the lack of rocker stops. Also, the cushions are not secured to the chairs, so it is possible that they fall off from time to time.
- Rocking chairs with comfortable seats
- Glass-topped table for drinks and snacks
- Wicker material is easy to clean and holds up to weather well
- Cushions aren’t secured to the chairs
- No rocker stops on the chairs
Buyer’s Guide: Selecting The Best Patio Furniture Set
When you’re buying a patio set, there are a few main factors you should consider when making your decision. Namely, material, ease of assembly, price, and modularity. Let’s check out what you need to look for when choosing the best patio set for your needs.
The most popular materials for patio sets are wicker, faux wicker, aluminum, and wood. These are all easy to clean, hold up weather well, and are reasonably durable. However, you’ll want to bring your furniture in or cover it if you’re not in a mild climate. If you’re lucky enough to enjoy mild weather year round, you may still want to leave it in a shady area in the off-season.
Ease of Assembly
Aluminum sets are the easiest to set up, so look for those if you don’t want to spend hours screwing pieces together. If you’re handy or have some tools, though, you can make quick work of wicker and wood sets. Estimates for putting together wood and wicker sets range from 3–4 hours, while aluminum sets take a fraction of that time.
Cheaper sets tend to wear out faster, while higher quality patio sets demand high prices into the thousands of dollars. You may not need a very fancy patio set depending on how much space you have and what your needs are. If you just need a couple of seats and a small table, you can get away with a high-quality three-piece set. For families and entertaining guests, you may want to spring for something more expensive.
Some patio sets are modular, meaning they come in pieces that fit together in numerous ways. Modular sets afford you the flexibility to make a huge sectional, numerous chairs, or combos of sofas, chairs, and loveseats. The downside is that modular sets aren’t secured together as well as premade sets.
Patios can be tricky to furnish, but these reviews show you some of the best choices available. The Devoko Patio Dining Set is the best of the bunch, although the Wisteria Lane Aluminum Outdoor Patio Furniture Set is a great choice if you have the cash. All the others are excellent choices, too!
Featured Image Credit: vandreacastiglionec, Pixabay
- 1 A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites of 2023
- 2 The 8 Best Patio Furniture Sets
- 2.1 1. Devoko Patio Dining Set – Best Overall
- 2.2 2. Devoko Wicker Chairs With Table – Best Value
- 2.3 3. Wisteria Lane Aluminum Outdoor Patio Furniture Set – Premium Choice
- 2.4 4. All-Weather Wicker Sectional by Ashley Beachcroft
- 2.5 5. Solid Acacia Patio Dining Set
- 2.6 6. Best Choice Wicker Patio Conversation Set
- 2.7 7. Best Choice Modular Outdoor Sectional
- 2.8 8. Devoko Rocking Bistro Patio Set
- 3 Buyer’s Guide: Selecting The Best Patio Furniture Set
- 4 Conclusion