6 Best Pomegranate Juicers in 2023 – Reviews & Top Picks
Pomegranate juice is one of the most beneficial beverages you can have. Not only is it delicious, but it offers you all kinds of vitamins and minerals. To get the fullest effect of this fruit, however, going fresh squeezed is the best way to go! That being said, you will need a juicer that can handle this type of fruit! That is not always easy though, right?
We have the answer to your juicing troubles below. We have found six of the best pomegranate juicers that can be delivered to your front door. Not only will we share their durability and functions, but we will give you the details on cleaning, stability, and even other fruits that can be squeezed, as well.
If you are ready for some fresh pomegranate juice, keep reading below! Also, remember to check the end of the article for some tips on picking out the best juicers along with a few more little-known tips for getting the most out of your new appliance!
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites (Updated 2023)
|Best Overall||Gourmia GMJ9970 Large Citrus Juicer||
|Best Value||Smart House Manual Fruit Juicer||
|Premium Choice||Hamilton Beach 932 Commercial Citrus Juicer||
|CO-Z Commercial Grade Citrus Juicer||
|Stainless Steel Electric Citrus Juicer||
The 6 Best Pomegranate Juicers
1. Gourmia GMJ9970 Large Citrus Juicer – Best Overall
Our first choice is the Gourmia GMJ9970 Large Citrus Juicer. This is a commercial-grade appliance that takes up a quarter of the space. Standing 27.5 inches tall, you can place this slim appliance on your counter allowing space for all your other kitchen toys.
This easy-to-use machine lets you get the maximum amount of juice from your fruit. The manual pull handle does all the work for you while the durable cast-iron base and non-skid feet keep it sturdy. Not only that, but this juicer can handle the toughest fruits like pomegranate, lemons, limes, oranges, and much more. Whether big or small, the surgical-grade, stainless steel construction can handle the job.
Gourmia juicers come with a strainer, four-inch cone, holder, and bracket. All the pieces are easy to clean and assemble. They are also dishwasher safe. Weighing 15.3 pounds, this is the best pomegranate juicer on the market.
- Durable construction
- Stable with non-skid feet
- Juices large, small, and tough fruit
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to use pull handle
- Extracts max juice
- Nothing keeping it out of first place
2. Smart House Manual Fruit Juicer – Best Value
If you are on a budget, that doesn’t mean you have to forgo fresh juice. The Smart House Manual Fruit Juicer is a great affordable option that is easy to use and durable. This model has an extra-long pull-handle for simple use leverage. At a lightweight 13.76 ounces, you can store this juicer in any convenient cabinet or corner of your counter.
The Smart House is constructed of commercial quality stainless steel. You can use it to not only extract juice from pomegranates but lemons, oranges, limes, and much more. You will also find it removes the majority of pulp and seeds in the durable filter.
This juicer is easy to clean and dishwasher safe. It has a large face, so cutting most fruit in half is all that is necessary. Unfortunately, pomegranates are one of the fruits that will need to be cut into fourths, however. Other than that, the non-slip handle and bottom make it safe and easy to use. The silver finish is also complementary to the majority of kitchen decors. All in all, we feel this is the best pomegranate juicer for the money.
- Easy to use long non-slip handle
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Dishwasher safe
- Filters out most pulp and seeds
- Non-slip bottom
- Pomegranate needs to be cut in fourths
3. Hamilton Beach 932 Commercial Citrus Juicer – Premium Choice
If you use a juicer daily, we like to suggest a premium option to give you the best quality for consistent use. In this case, we like the Hamilton Beach 932 Commercial Citrus Juicer. This black and silver appliance stands 22 inches tall but is narrow enough to fit comfortably even in the smallest kitchen. At 9.4 pounds, it’s also easy to use in different locations.
Hamilton Beach constructs their juicers out of commercial-grade metal with an acid-resistant finish to keep it looking new. It has a manual pull level that has up to 2,000 pounds of force allowing you to get fresh juice from the toughest fruits including pomegranates. You can use this model on bigger fruits, but also smaller ones such as grapes. The sure-grip feet keep it from slipping while in use, plus you have a 4-ounce collection cup to catch drips. The cup also swings out of the way giving you a 5.5-inch glass clearance.
You will find minimum skin oil and pulp while using the Hamilton Juicer. Easy to clean and dishwasher safe, you will receive a stainless steel strainer, cone, and funnel. The heavy-duty gears also keep this appliance working for years which is backed by their seven-year warranty against any construction defects. The only drawback of note is the price tag, but if you use it daily, you should consider this model.
- Durable acid-resistant stainless steel
- Comes with a swing-arm drip cup
- Easy to use
- Non-slip feet
- Dishwasher safe
- More costly than others
4. CO-Z Commercial Grade Citrus Juicer
The CO-Z Commercial Grade Citrus Juicer is a 12-pound appliance that stands 17 inches tall. It comes in your choice of orange, black, gray, or red to match your kitchen decor. Made of cast iron and stainless steel, this is a heavy-duty option that can handle all kinds of citrus juice including your pomegranate. Not only that, but you can also use it on smaller fruits such as cherries or grapes.
This juicer has an extra-long pull arm capable of withstanding 2,300 pounds per square inch (PSI). It also has a rubber handle making it easy to leverage, although you should note that fruit juice (especially pomegranate juice) is known to squirt out causing a mess. On the other hand, the stainless steel strainer removes most pulp and seeds, while the suctioned feet help keep it in place.
The strainer, cone, and funnel in the CO-Z juicer are all removable and dishwasher safe. The entire structure is also easy to clean. We wanted to mention, however, that you want to be careful with the force you use on the lever. Pulling down too hard and fast can cause it to tip forward. Other than that, this is a good middle of the road option.
- Durable cast iron and stainless steel construction
- Easy to clean
- Long rubber covered handle
- Removes most pulp and seeds
- Juice can leak if used too hard
- Juicer can tip forward if used with too much force
5. Stainless Steel Electric Citrus Juicer
This next option is our first plug-in model. The Stainless Steel Electric Citrus Juicer can be used for either your acidic fruits or as a masticating appliance. As you can glean from the title, it’s constructed of stainless steel along with ABS plastic. Available in white, this is a lightweight option at 4.6 pounds, and it’s 11.5 inches tall. You will also find the 160-watt and 120-volt motor is capable of juicing all kinds of fruits and veggies.
The Stainless Steel Electric juicer is easy to clean, and the parts are dishwasher safe. It’s quiet, has a 2-foot 8-inch cord for convenience, plus a press grip handle and auger cone lid for maximum juice extraction. That being said, the fruit tends to slide off the cone making it necessary for you to stop and readjust it.
Additionally, the integrated filter is not always the best at catching seeds and pulp. The spiral reamer is adequate for most fruits, though the machine does clog when you squeeze too much too fast. On the other hand, the entire structure is durable and long-lasting.
- Stainless steel construction
- Electric citrus and masticating
- Dishwasher safe
- Max juice extraction
- Juicer gets clogged
- Fruit slips out of place
- Doesn’t catch all seeds and pulp
6. Zulay Professional Citrus Juicer
Our final pick in this category is the Zulay Professional Citrus Juicer. This is a professional appliance that manually squeezes lemons, limes, oranges, and pomegranates. Made of nickel and stainless steel construction, you can choose between a chrome or rose gold finish. The detachable parts are also dishwasher safe.
Made with an extra-tall handle, the Zulay juicer comes with a five-inch diameter cup and suction feet on the bottom. Unfortunately, they do not keep the machine in place as you would hope. What’s more, this model leaves a lot of pulp and seeds behind that are not caught.
Unfortunately, this is not the easiest juicer to use. You are only able to extract the minimum amount of juice from your fruits, plus, it has trouble with tough ingredients like pomegranates. That being said, it does have a comfort handle and is 18.11 inches tall. Overall, due to its lack of ability to squeeze juice from our favorite fruit, and its lack of stability, this is our least favorite option.
- Comfort handle
- Dishwasher safe
- Five-inch cup diameter
- Construction is not sturdy
- Extracts min juice
- Hard to use
- Leaves a lot of pulp
- Suction feet are not useful
Buyer’s Guide – Choosing the Best Pomegranate Juicer
Pomegranate is one of the tougher fruits to juice, so choosing just any model is not going to do it. Although we have given you some recommendations above, we also wanted to point out some specific features that you should watch out for before buying a juicer.
The Features of a Good Pomegranate Juicer
While we would like to think we have tried every citrus juicer available, it’s probably not the case (though we are likely close!). For that reason, and to make sure you have all the information you need to make a good decision, take a look at the list below. It will detail the individual aspects of a juicer you should be looking at if you plan to squeeze a lot of pomegranates.
- Durability: The first thing you should consider is durability. Pomegranates constitute some of the toughest fruits to juice, so you need to have a model that is going to be strong enough to withstand the PSI and force needed to extract your juice.
- Non-Skid Bottom: This runs with the point above, but it’s worth mentioning, nonetheless. With more force needed, you don’t want your juicer kicking out from the counter. Solid rubber feet help keep the machine firmly in place.
- Handles: We have found longer handles make juicing easier as you won’t need to use as much leverage to extract the juice. Comfort or non-slip grips are also a good idea.
- Cones: A largely come face is going to be important as a pomegranate has a large face. Additionally, you don’t want the fruit slipping around inside of the cone, either. You want to look for stainless steel to ensure it will have the durability to get all of the individual seeds.
- Funnels and Filters: When you have fruit such as pomegranate, you are not going to want a lot of seed skin, pulp, or foam from in your juice. You also want to ensure that it will not get clogged which will slow down your work.
General Features of a Juicer
Even if a pomegranate is your favorite fruit, chances are you enjoy other juices, as well. To cover all bases in the citrus juice squeezing category, we also wanted to share some additional features that you will benefit from.
- Parts and Cleaning: While some juicers are easy to use, others have complicated assembly processes, and even more frustrating cleaning guidelines. First, find a juicer that has detachable parts that are dishwasher safe, so cleaning up after juicing is made easier. That being said, you can also benefit from one that is easy to hand wash if you use the machine more than once a day.
- Size: Many juicers, especially if they are considered “commercial grade” can be a space hog. Those that are tall, but slim are typically easier to house on your countertop or store in a cabinet. Make sure you measure the distance from your counter to the cabinet above, however, if you plan to keep it in view.
- Electric vs Manual: This is a personal juice depending on the type of juice you enjoy. Pomegranates are better juiced through a citrus juicer, but electric masticating is beneficial if you like other ingredients like vegetables in your beverage.
- Juicing Ability: Although we mentioned size above, we only touched on the importance of a large cone. If you enjoy smaller fruit juice ingredients like grapes, you want to check that it can handle both.
- Finishes: You may notice that a large portion of juicers is chrome or silver, but that is not your only option if you prefer something more colorful or dark. Not only that, but you can also look for acid-resistant finishes to keep your appliance looking newer for longer.
Little Known Facts About the Pomegranate
Now that you know all there is to know about pomegranate juicers, we wanted to talk more about the juice itself. As we mentioned in the intro, this is a divine fruit that has many positive benefits for your health, but there is a lot more to it than that!
- This fruit is mentioned more than any fruit in theology books.
- Its antioxidant, anti-viral, and tumor reducing properties has made it one of the healthiest fruits on the planet.
- Pomegranates stay good in the refrigerator for up to two months.
- The word pomegranate means apple with many seeds.
- The pomegranate has vitamin A, C, E, and folic acid.
- The two compounds in the fruit are called punicalagin and punicic acid. They are responsible for the health benefits we receive.
- This fruit comes from the Middle East.
- It has no cholesterol or saturated fats.
- Although it’s best juiced in citrus juicers, it’s technically part of the berry family.
- A pomegranate tree can live for 200 years.
- Pomegranates have three times more antioxidants than wine and green tea.
- Each pomegranate holds more than 1,000 seeds.
It is our hope that the reviews we provided above have helped you find the right juicer for this super-fruit, with all the benefits mentioned above, it’s no wonder so many people consider it a dietary staple. In our opinion, the Gourmia GMJ9970 Large Citrus Juicer is going to give you the best result when squeezing pomegranates for juice. On the other hand, we also like the Smart House Manual Fruit Juicer model as a more cost-efficient option. Regardless of the one you choose, we hope you have found some helpful information!
- 1 A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites (Updated 2023)
- 2 The 6 Best Pomegranate Juicers
- 2.1 1. Gourmia GMJ9970 Large Citrus Juicer – Best Overall
- 2.2 2. Smart House Manual Fruit Juicer – Best Value
- 2.3 3. Hamilton Beach 932 Commercial Citrus Juicer – Premium Choice
- 2.4 4. CO-Z Commercial Grade Citrus Juicer
- 2.5 5. Stainless Steel Electric Citrus Juicer
- 2.6 6. Zulay Professional Citrus Juicer
- 3 Buyer’s Guide – Choosing the Best Pomegranate Juicer
- 4 Conclusion